Friday 26th January 2007

The pieces are starting to fall into place for a 2/12 departure from Taiwan. The local agency set up Violet’s visa physical exam for 2/2 and our AIT appointment (where we’ll apply for Violet’s visa) on 2/9. This means her visa will be ready on 2/12 and we can leave that night! The hitch is that we still do not have our final ruling and our flights have not yet been booked (our travel agent says he will do this tomorrow).
All of this is happening in the nick of time as our inflatable mattress has just sprung a leak. Last night we added air right before bed and woke up practically laying on the cold bamboo covered box spring. Violet seems to like our new usually-half-deflated mattress, as you can see in the video.
Yesterday was beautiful and sunny so we headed to Taichung. We attempted to walk to a Subway restaurant from the train station but hitched a ride instead with a really nice lady we met on the street. She told us about the National Museum of Natural Science that we visited after splitting a tasty Italian BMT, mmm. The museum was very nice and only cost $3 per adult!
Violet had an admirer at Subway. One of the workers spoke excellent English and told us “You have a cute Chinese baby. Not all babies look like her. You’ve got a special one.” He didn’t tell us anything we didn’t already know! Not only is she super cute, she is also super smart and super sweet. I’d say we got a special one.

15 Responses to “The Countdown Begins”

1. Mom Nobles says:

THEY’RE COMING HOME FEBRUARY 14TH AT 8:15 AM!!!
    SEE YOU ALL AT THE AIRPORT!!!

2. jill says:

i have been really sick with a cold or something for the past 5 days and have felt awful. your new video of violet made me smile. thank you! she is too precious. i’m so excited that you all get to come home soon. you three are still in my prayers. love you guys!

3. Jackie says:

Thanks for sharing Violet’s baby laughs!!! She is just sooo adorable. Her laughs made my baby, Shaun, started laughing, too!

4. Holly says:

SO is amazing and so cute! I can’t wait to tickle her and make her laugh! It was great hearing your voices tonight! Let the countdown begin!

5. We’re excited that you all are coming home. We’ll have to go out for dinner so that we can get a taste of what it is going to be like to get our own little one. We’re glad we live in the same town.

6. Pam Shockley says:

Who wouldn’t think she is cute and special. I love her laugh also.

7. Faith says:

So happy that things are going well for you. I know you are ready to be home with your precious Violet! She certainly is a happy girl!

8. Vickie (Grammy) says:

I love her laughs! Violet is a wonderful, special baby. We’re praying God’s continued blessings on every step of your journey. Be at peace.

9. The Grubes says:

She is amazing guys!! We are so pumped to see you and meet her. We miss you tons. We are back in Nashvegas and are waiting for you. See you soon Catanions(is that a word?)
    Love Daniel, Heather, Liam, and Kaelin

10. Sarah says:

What a laugh she has!!! What a riot! Thanks for sharing and making me laugh too at home!

11. Anita Hiehle says:

Oh Bethany…..I just LOVE her belly laughs!!! I can’t believe how much she is growing and changing so fast. She certainly loves her mama and baba!! Kaylin is napping right now, but later I’ll have to let her watch this too. I know already she’s going to be laughing right along with Violet. What great news to hear that you are down to the final few weeks. WOW….this has seemed to go so fast for you guys. I’m sure you’re ready to get home too. Hope we can get together sometime so the girls can share some laughs together! :) HUGS, Anita, Mark, Kaylin and kiddos

12. Tisra says:

Find Duct Tape. :-) Congratulations on getting a few steps closer to coming home with your daughter!

13. Steph Amos says:

Awww shes soooo cute!!!!! Congrats on everything I can’t wait to see you all, hopefully soon!

14. Kelly says:

Oh, I just can’t wait to see her and hold her!!

15. Amy Mayfield says:

What a cutie! I love her laugh. Congratulations on your progess and I hope the rest of your plans go smoothly.
    Amy M. from the JOH group